Sunday, May 15, 2022

Review talk: Rating system

The reviews are only made for me, but still I will talk about how I review the hacks, and how I will change the rating.
At first it was a rating system out of 10. For a game to get 0 it need to crash before it can be played. My rating was as follow:
  1.  King of kusoge
  2. Very bad
  3. Bad
  4. Poor
  5.  Middling
  6. Ok
  7. Good
  8. Very Good
  9. Amazing
  10. Masterpiece
Where games between 1 and 4 I don't recommend playing, 5-6 I usually don't recommend but they can have a niche appeal, 7-8 I recommend and 9-10 are must play for hack players enthusiasts in my opinion.
 
But I notice that I won't use all numbers, so I want to simplify it. It will now be rated from 0 to 5, using stars. The new rating will be as follow:
  1. ⭐ Poor - I didn't like it and wouldn't recommend it (4-5 previously)
  2. ⭐⭐ Okay - It was okay, I wouldn't recommend it but I understand it's not bad and some people may like it, or it may have a niche appeal that I wasn't particularly attracted to (5-6 previously)
  3. ⭐⭐⭐ Good - It's good to play, I recommend it but not as much as the 4 and 5 stars hacks (6-7 previously)
  4. ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Very good - I like it a lot, I recommend playing (8 previously)
  5. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazing, a must play for fan of romhacks of this genre (9-10 previously)

 No need to have too many numbers for bad games, one is enough (only 1⭐ is bad). I don't intend to play bad hacks.

Also 0 stars will be possible, but if it's really bad (1-3 in previous rating), a game where I hated most of my time playing it and don't find any appeal.

No comments: